Beware of scammers

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Thought I’d post a message here to warn people trying to sell something. I have my daughter’s old car listed in classified. I got a text from Jason at 442-200-1045 and seemed really interested. He asked about details and then sent a couple links, one was Procarfax. Com. Seemed weird so I googled it and it’s a scam. Had a few words of wisdom for him. Be careful

bigcrappie
    Blaine

How was the scam? did he ask you to pay Procarfax to get a report? Just him to pay it LOL

CaptainMusky

I did a google search and it popped right up on like walleye central. It happens all the time apparently. One dude was selling a boat and someone contacted him so he asked what type of previous boat he had or experience and the buyer responded with a car model not a boat.

Jason Kaefer

Thanks for the heads up. Boats are a big one I’ve noticed lately on Facebook Market. Nice boat with pictures. You email them and they inform you they are the relative of the owner and they’re helping them sell it. They give you another email and that person will tell you they just went through a divorce and that’s why the boat is priced so low. Of course they can’t answer any questions regarding the boat, nor will they let you see it or give you an address where it currently is. Red Flags every step of the way….

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

442 is a California area code. Did they want you to meet them at the airport in the car? I guess it’s cheaper than an Uber.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The jokes on the scammer… they may scam me for a couple hundred bucks here and there… but little do they know, I have a prince in Nigeria sending me Million$ as I type this !!! jester

slough

The scammers definitely hit the classified ads hard. Definitely need to be very careful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.